Saturday, February 6, 2010

Who Am I....She is the tiniest thing I ever decided to put my whole life into

While making my way home, the only thing on my mind was thinking of a way to answer this question. I never thought thinking about who I was, should have to be a difficult process, however it clearly turned into that. Who Am I or Who do people think I am? It is clear to see I was a complete different person two years ago from the person that sits at this computer writing the answer to this question. Not being able to come up with an answer about who I was, became frustrating. I started to think, maybe the reason I don't have an answer is because Zoila still does not know who she is....yet here are the things that I am sure about.... I am Puerto Rican and Ecuadorian. I have lived in New York for 25 years. This is my last semester at Hunter College, Graduation here I come!!!! I have such a love and admiration for tap dancing, at one point in my life, I slept, ate, and breathed Dance!!! I love reading, writing, and poetry. I am an English Language Arts major, but have always had the inner desire to direct a movie. I like making scrapbooks. I fear, snakes, sharks, and roller coasters. I have worked for Bright Horizon Day Care, for Time and Life, and The United Nations Building. I did temp work for AOL, Time Warner, DC Comics, and Warner Brothers. I LOVE taking pictures, seeing the beauty from something someone else might not be able to appreciate. I love volunteering, mostly with New York Cares. I taught Dance for 5 years. I am applying to be a Catholic School teacher, but I would love to someday walk into a book store and go over to the children's section and see my own section of children's books. I like going into Borders bookstore just because I like books. I rather wear Chucks, then wear heels. I am the youngest of 3, I have 2 older brothers. I love dogs, I have 2. I am that girl that loves to laugh, so hard so that you get those tiny cramps that feel like you have done 200 cruches. I have a birth certificate that says, Michelle, but my name was changed. I was named after my great great grandmother who died the day before I was born, my birth certificate now reads....

Zoila Esperanza Ponton 
which means (I am the hope)......no pressure right????
I am no longer some of these things. I type this all with a smile, because I love the person I am today.
These lyrics helped me through a very special and nervous time in my life...

Unsure of what the balance held
I touched my belly overwhelmed
By what I had been chosen to perform
But then an angel came one day
Told me to kneel down and pray
For unto me a child would be born
Woe this crazy circumstance
I knew her life deserved a chance
But everybody told me to be smart
Look at your career they said,
"baby use your head"
But instead I chose to use my heart
Now the joy of my world is in Zion


  2 years ago I was given the best and most rewarding job.....Who Am I??????


I AM A MOTHER!!!!
(she is my daughter Ella Monet)





No comments:

Post a Comment