Saturday, February 6, 2010

Hobbies, Hopes, and Aspirations


Who am I? Great question! Most people would likely say I am a particularly serious, and professional person when I'm in an environment that is not familiar to me. However it does not take me long to become comfortable in such enviornments, assimilate, and begin to interact with other people. I'm a very easygoing and mellow individual, and just because I use that M word does not mean I smoke pot by the way..lolz,(I used to, but that's besides the point) it is just the way I am. I enjoy riding bike, going out to the park to play baseball, my favorite sport, and really like going to the gym with my family or friends in order to blow off some steam and destress.
Some of my other hobbies include drawing anything that pops into my head, reading newspapers, online news articles, and learning about different types of cultures around the world. I am in my last year at hunter college at the moment, I look foward to graduating by 2011 and joining the workforce to earn some much needed work experience. My major is mass media, my minor is sociology, so I am hoping to utilize my knowledge in these two fields to work as a news reporter focusing mostly on social issues both domestically and internationally. I would also like to take a stab at teaching a media class at the middle school or high school level. These two options are still open to change but I would definitly enjoy travelling to different nations in order to cover news events, as well as teaching my knowledge to others who are interested in new media. I also have a deep interest in politics, and like to keep up to date when it comes to the latest legislative, judicial, and procedural/policy related issues.
More than anything I don't want to succeed just for personal reasons, I also want to be able to provide for my parents, who have both been huge influences in my life. For the determination, dedication, persiverence, and compassion, that has been instilled in me by them, I am convinced that I am blessed with the best parents in the world. They have supported me through thick and thin, and it is only right that I return the favors by supporting them in their upcoming times of need. Graduating college will hopefully assist me in providing for my parents far and beyond what they have already given me in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment