Saturday, May 22, 2010

Hierarchy of Hotness

I've worked at Abercrombie & Fitch for over a year now. I first saw it as a privilege to work at a place filled with beautiful people; Maybe even justification of my own appearance. As time went on my interpretation of this image became tampered. Like many advertisements and images we see in the media, the idealistic brand of what is Abercrombie was not what I pictured it to be behind the shirtless models at the front door. The politics behind the organization has become over bearing. Things like nail polish color and the way you style your hair were being critiqued. It became apparent to me that the company I was so eager to worked for didn't classify me as the type of person they want working for them. I believe that I work for an organization that promotes secluding people based on what they believe is beautiful and sexy. Instead of promoting confidence in the way you look, they leave people wondering and question their own feelings about themselves. They have created t his Hierarchy of Hotness...

No comments:

Post a Comment