Friday, May 14, 2010

"For Women Inspired By Men"

I was very drawn to menswear for women and where it began. I found many images and facts that I was blown away and moved by good and bad. Women have worn men's clothing for a such a long time, yet it was never looked at as menswear. Women's fashion as evolved and that includes women wearing mens clothing for their own use. There has always been gender specific clothing, and the fact that women can walk around wearing mens clothing is beyond beautiful and inspiring. Coco Chanel designed clothes that were decidedly for the women wearing them, not for the man in her life! There are always those who say the women wearing mens fashion are cross dressing, however that stigma has been broken. I just wanted to say this class has been a pleasure, and creating my final has been more of a challenge, then writing short stories. I enjoyed every minute of this final and I hope you all enjoy it as well.

~Zoila Ponton



No comments:

Post a Comment